REWRITE is looking to hire freelance book reviewers! Please see the job posting below.
Applications for the freelance book reviewer position are to be sent in the form of a CV, a supporting statement of up to 500 words detailing your experience, skills,and how you meet the person specification, and a writing sample. Please also include any links to any online portfolios and social media handles.
Please email completed applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title: Freelance Book Reviewer Application
This is a paid, remote position – we accept applications from around the globe. We are particularly interested in hearing from: Queer women, women living in the African continent, and women living in the Caribbean.
Applications close on 15th November 2019.
We look forward to receiving your applications!
Jenn Augustine, Book Reviews Editor
Founded in 2017, REWRITE is a community organisation formed to support and champion Black Women and Women of Colour writers; providing the tools, space and confidence they need to achieve their writing goals. Visit our website and social media for more info: www.rewritelondon.com / @rewritelondon Twitter & Instagram
As a Book Reviewer, you are responsible for reading through book titles and contributing review articles for the REWRITELONDON.COM website. You are also expected to undertake ad-hoc duties and attend staff meetings where possible.
Reports to: Book Reviews Editor
Duties & Responsibilities
- To select appropriate books to review for the rewritleondon.com website
- To accept review assignments from the Book Reviews Editor
- To Submit review articles to the Book Reviews Editor and perform revisions in parts when requested
- To promote all book reviews published on the REWRITELONDON.COM website
- To develop a consistent review and writing style that can become a signature style
- To attend remote meetings, as required
- To be an advocate for REWRITE
Education & Experience
- Previous writing experience
- Keen interest in literature
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Proficient user of social media platforms: Instagram & Twitter
- Effective time management