Firstly, thank you to all the non-Black people and organisations who have backed their Tweets with donations; I appreciate you!
For the rest of y’all, sorry (not sorry) to break it to you, but your single Tweet really doesn’t do much for us. REWRITE is a self-funded creative writing organisation for Black Women & Women of Colour. Since our inception in 2018, REWRITE has:
- Taught over 200 Black women & women of colour (yes, two freaking hundred)
- Published over 30 reviews of books by Black Women & Women of Colour
- Created a whole literary magazine showcasing work by Black Women & Women of Colour
- Partnered with over 20 writers, literary agents, publishing houses and writing orgs of colour
All with no external funding. Now, since some of y’all have decided that you want to support REWRITE because we’re a Black-led organization, here are some useful ways you can do this:
- DONATE. This is the most useful thing you can do for us right now. You can even set up a profile for on-going donations. Here’s our donation page.
- SIGNPOST BEYOND TWITTER. Social media has a short lifespan, instead of Tweeting, include REWRITE in your newsletter, blog, website or podcast. I send out a weekly newsletter with our latest courses and activities. Sign up here.
- BRING SOMETHING TO THE TABLE. Partner with REWRITE by offering your skills/services – for example creating a writing competition, offering a free masterclass on editing/publishing etc. What can you offer us IRL?
- PAY IT FORWARD. Buy a course and we’ll offer it as a free place to a Black Woman or Woman of Colour who needs it. See our current courses here
- If you are going to Tweet, make sure it’s followed by a call-to-action – for example, a link to our donation page. Do you see where I’m going with this(?) https://www.rewritelondon.com/support-us
Christina – REWRITE Founder