ANDREA Fundamentals of Creative Writing – 6 week course
Named after the legendary British-Caribbean writer Andrea Levy, this course aims to develop your writing skills and build your confidence in a supportive and encouraging environment. Open to beginners and those looking to strengthen their writing skills.
This practical class will cover essential techniques to help you channel your inner creativity when inspiration and motivation are running dry. By the end of the course, you will have a writing toolkit, complete with hints and tips to support you along your writing journey. You’ll also find a supportive community and connect with other Black Women & Women of Colour writers around the globe.
Sign up if you:
- Want to gain or regain your writing confidence
- Want inspiration to generate new ideas
- Want to learn writing techniques
- Need support, structure, and community
- Week 1 Course intro: starting to write & generating ideas
- Week 2 How to create strong characters
- Week 3 Creating a coherent plot
- Week 4 Setting & description
- Week 5 Point of view & pacing
- Week 6 Essentials of writing dialogue & editing
Tuesday 28th June
Tuesday 5th July
Tuesday 12th July
Tuesday 19th July
Tuesday 26th July
Tuesday 2nd August
6pm – 8pm (UK TIME) via Zoom.
Level– This course is beginner-friendly, and a great refresher course for those who are returning to writing or starting a new project
LIMITED PLACES. REGISTRATION CLOSES 21ST JUNE